Goals & Benefits
- Make a meaningful impact on the refuge that doesn’t cost you anything during your lifetime but is priceless as part of the legacy that you leave behind.
- Avoid capital gains liability and take an income tax deduction.
- Leave more of your estate to your heirs.
- Continue to receive benefits back from the assets you give to the refuge, thus multiplying your gift.
- Reduce high tax liability now; gain additional income later.
- Create a long-term gift that won’t draw funds from your estate. Reduce gift and estate taxes and leave more of your assets to your heirs.
- Include a gift from your will or trust (cash, specific property, or a share of the estate).
- Use appreciated securities instead of cash to make your gift.
- Name the refuge as the beneficiary of your retirement plan, and leave less-taxed assets to your family.
- Create a life-income plan like a charitable gift annuity, charitable remainder annuity trust, or charitable remainder unitrust.
- Establish a deferred gift annuity.
- Create a new life insurance policy or donate a paid-up policy of coverage you no longer need.
- Create a charitable lead trust to pay income to the refuge for a fixed time, then pay the remainder to your heirs.
- Provide resources that help the refuge maintain our traditions.
- Buy low and give high while avoiding capital gains tax.
- Eliminate income tax on retirement plan assets and free up other property to pass to your heirs.
- Receive income for your lifetime, receive a charitable deduction, and diversify your holdings.
- Receive a larger deduction and a higher income rate than an immediate payment annuity.
- Increase your ability to make a significant gift to the refuge.
- Reduce gift and estate taxes and freeze the taxable value of growing assets before passing them to your family.