Privacy and Cookies Policy
- 1. Introduction
- We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors.
- This policy applies where we are acting as a data controller with respect to the personal data of our website visitors that is supplied through this website; in other words, where we determine the purposes and means of the processing of that personal data.
- More information about us and our handling of your personal data is set out in our terms and conditions.
- 2. How we use your personal data
- In the table below and elsewhere in this Section 2 we have set out:
- a) the general categories of personal data that we may process;
- b) in the case of personal data that we did not obtain directly from you, the source and specific categories of that data;
- c) the purposes for which we may process personal data; and
- d) the legal bases of the processing.
- 3. Providing your personal data to others
- We may disclose your personal data to our insurers and/or professional advisers insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes of obtaining or maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks, obtaining professional advice, or the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure.
- We may disclose your personal data, directly or indirectly, to our cloud services, hosting services, backup services and communications services providers, to enable them to provide those services.
- We may also disclose your personal data to the third parties identified elsewhere on our website insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes identified.
- In addition to the specific disclosures of personal data set out in this Section 3, we may disclose your personal data where such disclosure is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person. We may also disclose your personal data where such disclosure is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure.
- 4. International transfers of your personal data
- In this Section 4 and elsewhere on our website, we provide information about the circumstances in which your personal data may be transferred from a location within the European Economic Area (EEA) to a location outside the EEA.
- In particular, we may make transfers to Australia, the Philippines, Singapore, Ukraine, the United Arab Emirates and/or the United States of America for the purpose of enabling the provision of hosting, back-up and content delivery services. These transfers will be protected by appropriate safeguards, namely the use of the standard contractual clauses (https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu/model-contracts-transfer-personal-data-third-countries_en) and/or the Privacy Shield scheme (https://www.privacyshield.gov).
- You acknowledge that personal data that you submit for publication through our website or services may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use (or misuse) of such personal data by others.
- 5. Retaining and deleting personal data
- Personal data that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes. For more information about our data retention and deletion policies, see our contact page.
- Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section 5, we may retain your personal data where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
- 6. Security of personal data
- We will take appropriate technical and organisational precautions to secure your personal data and to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal data.
- Data relating to financial transactions that is sent from your web browser to our web server, or from our web server to your web browser, will be protected using encryption technology.
- You acknowledge that the transmission of unencrypted (or inadequately encrypted) data over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
- You should ensure that any password you may use for our website is not susceptible to being guessed, whether by a person or a computer program. You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our website confidential and we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our website).
- 7. Amendments
- We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
- You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
- 8. Your rights
- In this Section 8, we have summarised the rights that you have under data protection law. Some of the rights are complex, and not all of the details have been included in our summaries. Accordingly, you should read the relevant laws and guidance from the regulatory authorities for a full explanation of these rights.
- Your principal rights under data protection law are:
- the right to access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to object to processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority; and
- the right to withdraw consent.
9. Third party websitesOur website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites.We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties. 10. Updating informationPlease let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
11. About cookies and local storageA cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed. Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies. Local storage is the storage of data sent by our web server to your web browser. This data is not sent back to the web server.
14. Managing cookiesOur website includes cookie management options. For these purposes, there are two different categories of cookies. First, cookies that are necessary for the operation of our website and the provision of our services. Second, cookies that we use for analytics purposes. To use our website and services, your browser must accept the necessary cookies. However, you may accept or reject the analytics cookies. You can manage the cookies that you accept from our website.Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can however obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en (Chrome);https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences (Firefox);http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/ (Opera);https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer);https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411 (Safari); andhttps://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy (Edge).Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website. 15. Text Messaging Opt-In Data If you choose to opt-in to receive text messages from us, we may collect your phone number and related data required for text messaging services. Text messaging opt-in data, consent and related collected personal information will not be shared with or sold to any third parties, unless required by law. You can opt-out at any time by texting 'STOP'.